Sunday, January 19, 2014

Flooded

This is my first encounter with flood, and maybe my first grateful moment being stuck in such disaster. I don’t know what stroke me, but I was literally patient (when patience is my big, general issue) going through the flood that almost touched my lower thigh. There was no anger, no impatience, no hatred whatsoever. I just went through the moment calmly, knowing that complaining would not help in any way possible. But the thing that got me thankful was the fact that I finally learned how to empathize with those flood victims that I had never been able to relate my whole life (besides those who were against the idea of fuel price increase). 

I have had always been in a privileged situation, where I need not worry about losing stuffs because of such incidents, or having to cut off serious needs because of the increase of food price. Until today, I got to face my challenge of growing up, being independent, with no help from anyone. I just need to go through everything bravely, with perseverance and faith that “this too shall pass”. What a great experience, indeed.

Thank you, God, for letting me “seeing” the real problem on the other side. Am grateful for this opportunity.


Just like what my friend once said, “If you have all of the things in the world, what would you be grateful about?”

No comments: