Saturday, May 14, 2011

living abroad

I dedicated this posting for my wonderful friends anywhere throughout the world, who are committing themselves for strength to sustain a living abroad, far from families and home.


____________


Being away for few months in Singapore, I began to learn things.

I have never been away before, at least for more than a month, which means I need ed to go for my own, take care of my own self, and be able to handle everything on my own. Even though I proved to my self that I could do it, it couldn't say it was easy at all.


The time I was doing so, I pictured the images of all of my friends who are up to now, living on their owns for school, far away from their hometowns. By experiencing it myself, I could feel the spirit as well as the hardships to do so.


I would never imagine living like this. It was a dream coming true, to be able to come to Singapore and start my private life (I have never had a private life before. It was always exposed to my family, and sometimes I couldn't deny, I needed one too.)


Having the experience in my vein, I felt so proud of my friends. Aside from the school projects and all that, they could maintain living very well too. They really worked hard, played hard, and sometimes (play) harder. Some of them successfully balanced their life, albeit some others did not.


_______________


Being immersed in the different area, with totally different people and environment were totally not easy to tackle. Adaptation could be a heck of a process. It was tough, yet challenging.


But it was the treasure of being away. The treasure of having a new and private life. The treasure to take control of everything going on in your life. And that was the treasure to be responsible for everything you do. Again, it wasn't so easy, but it wasn't impossible to be done either.


It is very hard to explain, but I know, in every of your heart, you can understand what I mean.


I wished I could stay longer here, but I knew I must proceed to a new chapter of my live. Not here, but in Jakarta. There will maybe next life like this. But for now, I got to move on.


_______________


My friends,

this is not the time to say goodbye. There are still pages in your life to be written. If somehow you felt failure, it isn't finished yet, you can still move on. If you are somehow successful, this is time to celebrate.


I am so proud of you and will always pray for you all.


Good luck for everything you do. Have fun!

No comments: