Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tireless Night

It was a casual night, last night: not being able to sleep even though my body could not take any more activities. My thoughts kept me awake, despite the fact that I forcefully asked them to just shut up and told my brain to just shut down. 

It all started not long after a friend told me a very intriguing line of words during our dinner, "It is similarity that brings two people together, but what keep them together are the differences." Of course, that was only one out of too many mind-boggling stuffs he left me with. 

Even a simple thing like selfishness could not allow me to sleep when I badly wanted to. I would wander to another world where I would be busy thinking what selfishness is all about, for at the end, every people on earth would care about themselves and themselves only. However considerate, they would just go for their benefits. Why on earth people would like to gain loss? Right? Then when do we call ourselves selfish? When we ask someone to care, does that count? When we want somebody to make us happy, is that? 

So it would always go back to the question, "what is it that you want?" Because at the end, all I am looking for is a life partner. Does challenge matter? Or is it similarity and comfort?

Would your journey to find a life partner be similar to secure a career path?

Oh, crap.



No comments: