Thursday, March 27, 2014

Part of Growing Up?

Spot on! Life purpose and life partner are the two things in the world that consistently keep people anxious. At least according to another good friend of mine. It’s true to the bone, especially if I can refer it to my current situation now. The more I grew up, I have less time thinking about “looking good”, and more time to think about career, and maybe life partner.

I considered myself very lucky to be where I am now, or else, very blessed. Without thinking much about what I wanted to do in life after college, not knowing what I might encounter in the job, I decided to go with my current one. To my surprise, it gave me meaning, passion, helped me develop my vision, network, good friends, new values, perspective and a lot more, so to say. Yes, I do enjoy each and every detail of it, I fell in love –a feeling I thought I would never discover in one occupation.

When people told me, “Love what you do, and you don’t need to work for the rest of your life” –it now resonates, and feels so amazing. To be able to love working, keep churning your brain to innovate and brainstorm ideas, serve people and feel great about it, those are things I thought were bullshit considering my previous state of life –the fact I don’t have any specialty in doing anything, all I have is intrinsic motivation and can-do-spirit (aka target oriented), which won’t be enough to compete with the ambitious market.

So I guess it’s a pretty decent job, no? Well, yes, with some exclusion. Everything comes with plusses and minuses, this one included. I have no strong judgment on quitting, but some do. Some people I trust and some who have better judgment than I do. Will I be able to survive with the same challenge for more, or not? Again, I am not sure.


Will I ever be able find something I care and love more than what I have right now? Hell, no, I can’t give you an answer. Should I leave or should I stay? I am doubtful.

No comments: