Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cupid's Blessing

favorite scene of AADC
our own-made red velvet cake
the lads

This writing was made the day after Valentine's Day. But due to some reasons, I only have the time to post it now.

***

I no longer celebrate Valentine's day, simply because there is nobody to share the day with. But that idea was obsolete and ridiculous, for I just spent the most precious Valentine's Day ever, with Jovi and Amanda. Started with eating her helper's cuisine for some energy (after I was about to faint due to stupid diet), we then tried to bake Red Velvet Cake with love :D Although it didn't turn out as perfect as we expected, it was our joined efforts and we felt special by it.

And to add the joy, we gathered around the dining table and conversed with Jovi's parents, which was, for me, the best conversation ever. We talked about plentiful subjects: Fanka, business, politics, and such. What gladdened me was that I had never had that kind of conversation with my own parents. The kind that parents gave their perspectives about life, encouraging the kids to choose a particular path of life, with logical reasoning and calmed manner. I was brought up to live independently, to decide mostly every thing on my own hence I felt so thankful to have the conversation that passed through the night. Hours of discussion did not bore me, nor bother me. In contrast, it awed me.

Well, in Indonesia, we would have said, "Rumput tetangga selalu lebih hijau," meaning thatothers' grass will always be greener, that we will always envy others for what we do not acquire. Yet, in a positive way, I tried to bring the subject as learning lesson for both of my darlings.

That we will never see how grateful others seeing our life, that outsiders and strangers are more than thankful to have the same privilege as we do. We might think that ours sucked, that we are dying of boredom living with the same old people, but in the end, they are just trying their best to make us happy. And it is more than enough for a sinful human like we are.

What a joy sharing with our besties, without whom I will never enjoy such company and lively chat. And to watch Ada Apa dengan Cinta together (until Manda fell asleep and left us), imagining Rangga (the main actor) being our boyfriends and those silly stuffs, were awesome.

Thank you again, Jovi and Amanda. Friendship shall never die.

No comments: