Saturday, February 11, 2012

To My Beloved Friend, Angelina Yofanka

Whenever you take absence in writing, it will take some time for you to get back on your feet again. You will lose both the ability and the interest to write. That is what happens to me after gone for a month now. It feels so difficult to start writing again, although my heart and my brain were yelling out some thoughts, ideas, and feelings. So I guess this time I force myself not to run away any longer.
I have never experienced such a loss of a close friend, until recently my close friend Angelina Yofanka passed away through such tragedy. I wouldn’t go into details for I feel more than exhausted going through the same misery, anxiety, and questions all over again. What’s in the past stays there. What matters now is that she’s gone, leaving her loving family and friends, and inevitably leaving me with things to ponder upon.
She was a very wonderful person. Words may not be able to express my gratitude over the opportunity to get to know her from the very start in high school, spend so many times together, join a lot of class and organization, travel to a number of places, even find each other a boyfriend (or two :p). She was amazing. A true spirited girl who always lighted even the darkest situation. Passionate about life, full of dream, a high achiever, smart-ass kid who never studied to get the right score, which sometimes discomfort many people in a good way. Not to mention, she was so damn pretty that many guys chased after her. So yes, she had everything people would be jealous of. Yet, now she left in a very young age of 19. In rather a blink of an eye.
The question “Why her?” is a never-ending question people would ask. And is a never-ending question we would not be able to answer. But the most important thing right now is not to keep asking that, but to ask ourselves whether we have done the right thing over our lives, I reckon.

Like Fanka always said,
“Life is short, live well”

She has proven how life is supposed to be filled with good things, that time is so precious that we should never waste. Thus we should again ask ourselves, have we exerted ourselves to be a good person after all?
We will never know when we will die. Unanticipated, God will come over and take our souls, before we even realize. Life is rather short, life is rather short. God has chosen our beloved friend, Fanka to remind us to use the short period of time to contemplate what we have become and what we will become in the future. I really hope many lives would be different out of the incident that our friend had to experience. It should be a very good lesson for us all.
Dear Fanka, many thanks for every little detail we shared. You had been such an amazing friend and lover. I love you every day. And I pray that you will enjoy your paradise up there. Laugh, as you always did, darling.
Love,
Gadis




3 comments:

rangga.husnaprawira said...

Firstly, I'm so sorry for your lost, Dis.. She must be a very inspiring bestfriend for you. People come and go. But most importantly, we gotta learn that our time in life is limited. It's now her turn and we have no clue when our time will come. To remember her is the good way to remember a precious life that matters. Wish you have a tough times and wonderful moments ahead. God bless you always!

gadis said...

Thank you so much, Rangga. I highly appreciate your concern :)

Unknown said...

Die for hobby, eh.
Vain.
Useless.
Plain awful.
She could use her life for anything else worth a bit.
Sorry.