Saturday, October 8, 2011

Extraordinary Life

A positive energy has resided within my heart. And that was extraordinary.


I am perplexed at how wonderful a life can be. It has been dramatic and miraculous at the very same time. Like me, a very negative thinker, can now speak of positive energy. Is that even possible? But yeah, human can change in one second, or even in a blink of an eye, who can guess? It is all unbelievable. But it is true.

If I could simply explain how I could change this drastically, I would appoint Malcolm Gladwell for his remarkable book, Outliers. Although I haven't finished reading it, the idea smuggled slowly but sure to my unconscious mind. I was moved by his thought saying that success not only came of hard work but also of privilege. We just tend to not seeing it.

And now I have came to conclusion, also moved by Mitch Albom's Have a Little Faith, Daniel Gottlieb's Letters to Sam, and the very own Merry Riana's Mimpi Sejuta Dollar, that I am privileged in my own way. I am trapped in the so called screwed and fucked up life, where I should sweat for more only to pay off my laptop allowance while my friends were happy with their freedom, but then I am under the privilege to do something a girl my age wouldn't even think about.

Privilege comes not always in a very good situation. It can come in disguise too. And my strict parents, for God sake, are my privilege for they have shaped me up with discipline, hard work, and ability to do more. Santa Ursula does take place in this one too. If it's not because of them, I wouldn't become a strong and independent girl (not yet a woman). So now, I could say that everything I did, I tried to do but fail, I said, I read, and everything that an environment could have offered successfully bring me to the stage I am in now.

Am not saying I have fought all the flaws inside. But I truly believe in the power of positive regards that I can change my life as long as I want to change my perspective towards it.

I know my utmost purpose of life is to inspire. And I promise myself that I would.
I shall succeed.



No comments: