Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sweet Escape


For a second time in 2011, I was back in Malaysia. Again, it was for a sweet escape from stressful reality in Singapore :P

Right before the departure, I was super stressed out, trying to meet all deadlines, working day and night for my assignments. Not to mention, the quarrel with my group mates, plus the hard times using my laptop, Mona, which had been crashing for some time, all driving my stress level worse.

This time, I made a trip to Tioman Island, one of the well-known Islands in Malaysia. I did not know that it was so near from Singapore (only 3 hours away, I reckon) that I went to Kuala Lumpur to catch up with Kris before heading to Mersing, the only port to reach Tioman, located at Johor.

Consequently, it tok me 10 hours (Sin-KL-Mersing) sitting in the bus. Another 7 hours waiting in the bus station and port for the first ferry to come and bring us to the Island. It did not end that way, though. It was tougher since the ferry itself cost almost 2 hours. What a long time travelling.

Nonetheless, there would always be payoff for everything. The trip was tremendously awesome! We spent 3 days there with one-time snorkeling trip in which the sightseeing of the corals and fish are FAN-bloody-TASTIC. It really was a true biodiversity, if you know what I am talking about. Although that was only one part of the activities, I enjoyed it to the fullest. Totally recommended!

The other days were spent by cycling, strolling down the beach, chilling, witnessing the beauty of the nature (the beach-the stars-the moon), and getting around the area. It was quite day-break for the struggling days before, even though to get home to KL, we needed to spend another 14 hours! Tiring, but fun. I would just count it as experience. There was nothing to regret.

During the holidays, I finished the book "Message in the Bottle" by Nicholas Spark. I couldn't wait to share how touching and inspiring the book was.

Despite the fact that I am flat broke now, I couldn't thank Kris even more, for the plan, for the company, for the jokes, for the bullshits, for everything that is impossible to mention.


XOXO,
Gadis



No comments: