Monday, April 25, 2011

A Fantastic City Park


As my idol, Emil, the Architect, believes that a great city should have more public spaces since it is a place where interaction begins, I also believe that public places is a place where balance will be gained only if it serves as green zone, or the so-called nature reservation.

A balance of life which I defined as a combination of modernity and preservation of natural resources.

It is undeniable that we can never live without nature. Therefore, I strongly believe in the importance of public places in the crowded living spaces like city, or should I say city park.

For this notion, I take off my hat for Singaporean Government who tried their best to serve public not only with the best technology for the sake of ease of living - that results in the sophisticated buildings and constructions, but also with the place to release exhaustion contrived by fast work paces.

Even more, those places are not in the end of the world (read : far away from city), unreachable, or even remote. Those places are just right all over the city itself. It is everywhere you can find.

And today, I dropped in to Chinese Garden, a huge nature park nearby Jurong, that is a 3 mrt station away from my place. I was stunned with the nature, the architecture, and the distinct atmosphere. It is nothing like the Central Business District. It is nothing like Singapore.

It was just fantastic! Super spacious, it was cushioned by plants and lakes. A very impressive place to visit and to find an inspiration. Or just to release stress. Or to hang out with friends. Or just to be alone and savor the ambience.

A round of applause for the government, again, for providing such chances to the citizen to embark the beauty of nature, to learn to love nature even more, to appreciate what nature has given us.





























No comments: