Tuesday, September 3, 2013

No More Rituals?

I found it surprising that after you have gone through a lot of things, you then take a ritual a bit boring or such a crap. I thought graduation was gonna be a highly awaited moments; a moment you step back from your daily routines to get in touch with your family members, friends, lovers, relatives or basically just everyone. It is divine moment to celebrate your hard work for certain years. However, it didn't feel that way to me. 

It is not clear either if it happened because I already work just after I finalized my thesis, or because I had a fight with my dad, get out of my house (which was probably why he didn't show up for my grad), I just didn't feel as excited as I thought I was gonna be. It was pretty flat. It was okay, but it wasn't 'that' meaningful to me. So guess what happened? Yes, I skipped the ceremony. Perhaps because I was disappointed to not reach the top gpa out of my faculty, but who cares anyway? I just felt it was not as appealing as I hoped. 

Perhaps, it was the fact that I didn't find rituals important. Who knows?

Nevertheless, I want to thank everyone who made it special anyhow. My one and only Boni, Meilani, all the crews, Beki, Vera, my mom and little brother, Jason, and everyone who stayed dear in my hearts - all of my beloved friends although I didn't manage to find any (I left early- and arrived too late).

You made my day, and my four years, even my whole life special. Endless thanks for that.

No comments: