Wednesday, August 27, 2008

me and my plan


Well, talking about plan, it could be divided into two kinds of mood, good and bad. Good if we already have a plan for our future, and bad if we’re still hesitate about what plan to make. Thank God, I have planned my own future. And I hope it will work.

So, I have taken a test that showed me what faculty I should take after I graduate from high school. It is stated that I should taken International Relationship as my first choice, and the second would be Management. And the third that was being recommended is Communication.

You know, at first I never thought that it would affect my consideration for picking faculties. At all. I forgot that I have taken that aptitude and interest test, and I was looking for those faculties by asking people, what it is that fit me best, and yeah.. I found it when I was learning about management at school. I firstly thought that, wow, I love it. This is my dream (well my dream is to be an event organizer, but I consider to find any faculty but business, because I think business could be learned through experience and even a book, so there’s no need to take it as an undergraduate program). Back to business, so I think by learning management, I could manage my organizer one day in the future. (I also have heard that in UI, you can learn how to manage your organization by running a real events! What a fun activity it would be!)

In the other hand, people urge me to take International Relationship as a subject besides Communication, which is my first priority. Initially, I was thinking IR would be fun. But some people said, it is hard for me as a Chinese descendants, to work in a diplomatic field. So I was looking to another subject. And then I found Communication which is exciting to do (at least in my opinion). All of sudden, I was surprised, that all of subject I am going to take is what is it as the result of the test.

When I asked my mom I am going to choose Management and Communication, she said, ”You are not suitable to work behind a desk and just keep silence. You are a talkative person and you won’t handle that situation, babe.” She advice me to choose IR and Communication so I could improve my communication skill while studying more in english.

My mom knows me since I was a lil kid. So I think there’s nothing more reliable than trusting her, right? And in addition to that, some of my friends think that those two subject would be more proper for me.

And know I have decided. I would take International Relationship and Communication, and I hope I could enter University of Indonesia for this. I believe, they could provide a good education for me, and affordable price of course. ( I should think about my lil brother that still have a long journey through his education as well, and it will need a big amount of money).

But I still have another choice, which is APU in Japan. This is a bit dilematic for me. I want the scholarship so bad, but I don’t know whether I want to go or not. I want to be independent, leave dependence, try to struggle on my own feet. But if I think all over again, several people say, it is to build connection if you spend your very first four years in university here, in Indonesia, your very own country. And honestly, I’m not willing to leave anyone I have right now.

Okay, so I need to think about it a lil bit more. So I can choose and have my decision in the right time.

For certain, now I need to study well, having a great score at school, graduate, and striving for stepping into university.

I just want to tell you about my long term plan. Well, it is to marry soon J (and have a happy family), but before that, of course I want to have a lovely job that I can enjoy with, having millions of dollars, go traveling throughout the world, help poor people, making progress in education, and definitely serving + developing this nation. I want to help as many as I can, so that we can all live in peace and sufficient condition (so there’s no more have to suffer and live in stupidity).

Nevertheless, I will always remember to dedicate my success for my parents, family, friends, and the most important, GOD.

No comments: