Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Marriage

The more I grow up, the more I get to realize that marriage is definitely not a simple thing. Ever since I was a little kid, all I want to do was to get married and be happily ever after. I thought marriage equals to long-live-happinness and eternal peace. This thought evolved from one time to another, though. I still remember writing about how I changed my perception over marriage when I was still in high school, but I decided to keep believing in the beauty of it. Until these days. 

Well, I still want to get married. I really do. I just want to re-think it over and over again before I say yes to the guy who will ask my hand in marriage. The fights I have with him, the problems we are facing as couple, to the struggle my mom had in handling her three kiddos and strange husband - all of them are just TOO overwhelming. 

I began to notice that marriage really needs hard work. It is not as simple as I thought before. You do need to settle down with the guy, who will most likely be different from you in a lot of ways. Although this one could definitely be minimized, trust me there's no same person on earth. We got way too many combination of characteristics in human, you can't possibly rule them out (by that I mean the differences). 

And how does that difference dominate your marriage life? It does, especially when you do not have the patience, and the same agenda to calm the egos down. Beyond that, difference within perspectives would seriously kill you if you choose to stand on principle. Come on, there's no way a kid can be educated with two kind of religions. Parents' treatment is no difference, I would humbly say. 

People changed a lot these days, and so the way we raise kids, with all the entertainments, information, and technology. My little brother is definitely a good example of how the world has changed. Me and my sister never had problems with schools. One of two naughtiness but that's it. We never failed any subject, nor scores, and certainly not grades. Hopefully, my brother won't too. Yet, looking at what he did just now (lying all the time, failing so many tests, and breaking my mom's heart), I began to question what's so different in his and our time as sisters?

Perhaps, the technology explains. Perhaps the tradition explains. Perhaps the change of habits explains. I don't know. I am not sure. My BF would say, this kid is being spoiled. I do agree, but is that all? Again, I don't know. 

Oh, I beg your pardon. This is seriously just a piece of junk. I can't focus to do things I began to scribble down some wishy washy talk. Forget everything I just said, will you? :D

No comments: