Thursday, June 4, 2015

Opened


If I could summarize what happened to me recently: I woke up –opened my eyes and saw the reality. As harsh as it might be, it had beaten me: I have been very naïve this whole time. Perhaps it is a common thing for a college graduate to feel, but honestly, I was quite shocked when I found that the world is far from being kind, just and fair to people. The kind of people this world celebrates is not as what I imagined before. In fact, it is nowhere near what I have imagined during my college year.

I thought I have had this reality check before, when I realized that “to go to heaven, you don’t necessarily need to be a nurse”. Meaning that if you want to create an impact in this world, there are plenty of ways to do it. Immersing yourself in a commercial institution does not always mean “bad” and “filthy”.

Apparently, that is not the only thing. Reality check comes frequently, not just once. In fact, I just found out how this world is full of terrible people –it does not know any gender, race, socio economic background, education background whatsoever, I just have been living in a cage. This world is full of terrible, terrible people who snap at others, who are impolite, who are sarcastic, who are full of themselves and have no sympathy towards other people. I don’t even know if they care about any other people but themselves.

It is such a shame, that being kindhearted does not bring us anywhere. It brings us to a limbo, you hardly trust what is happening surround you because you just cannot accept the fact that people could do horrible things to others, especially when they get in their ways. Surprising, huh? You think you can depend on certain brands, you will find good people in certain organizations/community; you might want to think again. Because that is simply not true.

The world, or maybe only the commercial world (and I am afraid that everything in this world is now driven by money) only appreciates results. The world is turning into a result-orientation machine where people care less about the process and want to cut the chase only to get the result they want. And for that, people dare to kill, to be able to get anywhere they want. It is damn scary.

Am I being to paranoid? I am afraid not. I am just hoping that it gets better over time. 

1 comment:

Grace Esther said...

Life isn't fair as we imagine Dis. Cuma pertanyaannya, kita mau menurunkan level kita dengan membalas kelakuan yang gak baik dengan kelakuan yang gak baik juga? Nyokap gw selalu bilang kalau berbuat baik gak perlu diingat-ingat, diungkit-ungkit, atau mengharap kembali. Dia juga ngajarin gw to trust no one 100%, tapi bukan berarti itu sebuah excuse kita jadi gak berbuat baik ke orang lain. I believe being kindhearted will bring us to some good place, but it takes a lot of patience.

Dulunya gw sempat berpikiran kayak gitu, tapi setelah ngobrol ke orang-orang yang jauh lebih tua dan dewasa, pada akhirnya semua kebaikan yang dilakukan memang balik ke kita entah dalam bentuk apapun itu. Baik dijauhkan dari marabahaya, diberi kesehatan, umur panjang, pikiran yang tenang, daaaannnn banyak lagi. Orang-orang, yang menurut gw baik ini, ketika ngobrol-ngobrol panjang lebar juga mengalami banyak perlakuan yang tidak baik. Cuma entah bagaimana di tengah dunia yang gak baik, mereka mendapatkan kedamaian dengan melakukan hal yang baik. I know life full of horrible people, but please don't be one of them.

Duh, gw jadi ngalor ngidul. Udah lama gak ngobrol sama lo. Hahaha