Monday, February 9, 2015

Today's Heroes

Giving thanks is typically easy, but to mean it with your heart is relatively harder. We are so used to taking things for granted we sometimes forget to count our blessings. 

Today, however, I can't just forget how fortunate I have been as an individual. It's almost like a back-to-back fortune I received throughout the day: getting a cab (which perhaps was given out of a pity by the cab driver) when I was supposed to wait for another 20 customers in order to get my turn; caught the movie he had planned to watch today; and got another cab (at almost midnight) which fortunately dropped someone in the middle of heavy rain with long queue. 

For sure, that excludes the great holiday we just spent together; the great food we ate this morning, the on-time flight which provided us safety ride to Jakarta and the details go on. 

You had no idea how dreadful the traffic was in Jakarta today, at least not from the airport (it has been raining since last night, it has not stopped, not till now -yes it is still raining). The taxi drivers were definitely among the heroes for sustaining 2,5 hours taking us to Kemang with the kind of jam they were facing (not counting the journey before meeting us). 

I am one of the luckiest people on earth, I could tell you. I just need to count my blessings when things look tough. 

You are surely my superhero. 

And God, you're without doubt, majestic. 

Thank You.

No comments: