Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hairdresser

Feeling so stressed out, I suddenly decided to cut my hair short, and so I went to the nearest beauty salon. It was a crazy decision I made so quick. When it was done, I was quite shock seeing the hairdresser left just a little hair gliding around my head. 

But, as most of people would do, I just sighed and tried to feel strong knowing that my long hair was gone. I tried to convince myself that it would soon grow and there's no need to be panicking. So I shifted my mind to something else, the hairdresser. I began to think how she had been witnessing big moments when people finally saw what she had worked on. Big moments, because, like myself, I did it out of stress. Some might did out of love, or commitment, or overcoming fear, and the list might go on. 

Having your hair cut, or colored, permed, and else is actually a life-changing moment. Some people did it because they felt dissatisfied with their own selves, or they wanted to become somebody else, these hairdressers would find out when they see people's eyes, to know if they feel happy with the new look or not. That, without notice, would determine if she'd be okay or not. 

Indeed, it is a big moment for both. It's no simple job like people used to say. Just like a doctor, they witnessed some amazing times. At least in my humble opinion. 

No comments: