Monday, September 15, 2014

Marriage

Another friend of mine is getting married. Nowadays, it seems like each month is filled with those happy news. Certainly, people ask when my turn is going to be, and I would tell them, again and again, it might still be a long shot for me. Not because I don't think he is not the one. Not at all, but since we are still in the early stage of relationship and there is no rush, we might as well get to know each other deeper before even thinking about going to the next step.

However, if I can be very frank, I think now I am leaning more towards confused than clear if I totally understand what it means to be married. Yes, I do imagine my wedding day all the time, or waking up with someone you love next to you, going to beautiful places together, not having to be alone forever, or raising kids together, but..what is marriage? What is this institution all about? What does it mean? And what are the consequences?

If I thought I have always wanted to get married, have I thoroughly thought this through? Or I am just as clueless as many of my peers?

Now, I am not so sure I truly understand what it means. In fact, I need to revisit the whole thing before having a say on it. 

I simply don't want to be lost. Not for the rest of my life.

No comments: